I don’t know about you, but it can be tough to get my daughter to eat her greens. Smoothies are just about the only way we can get veggies in her, so my husband or I make one for her nearly every day.
This kid-friendly option contains orange, strawberry, kale and chia seeds and has no added sweeteners. Even the pickiest kid (or adult) will enjoy this delicious cold treat that packs vitamin C, fiber, antioxidants, Omega-3s, and other vitamins and minerals.
If you don’t have all of the ingredients, you can substitute almost anything: an apple for the orange, spinach for the kale, any frozen fruit for the strawberries. I usually add oats to make this more of a breakfast smoothie and to get some additional calories into my skinny kid. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 large orange, peeled and separated
- 2 kale leaves, rinsed and stem removed
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 cups water
- Pour 1 cup water into blender. Add chia seeds, orange, kale and strawberries. Pour remaining 1 cup water over ingredients.
- Blend until mostly smooth, adding more water if necessary. Smoothie will retain some texture due to the fiber. Enjoy!
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.